Benedictine B&B offers comfortable private accommodations within the grounds of a real urban monastery of Benedictine monks. Tucked away in newly renovated areas of the monastery whose buildings date to the mid 19th century, you will find the modern comforts of home in a unique setting. Located in the historic near south side Bridgeport neighborhood, Benedictine B&B is but a short 15 minute trip to the heart of downtown shopping, business and entertainment.
The monks offer 2 private suites: St. Joseph Loft, a seven room, 3 bedroom loft apartment (sleeping up to 5) or Bethany Garden House, a six room, 2 bedroom garden apartment (sleeping up to 5), with a large spacious outdoor deck opening into the monastery’s flower and veggie gardens. The B&B is conveniently served by public transportation, Amtrak, Greyhound and Chicago’s 3 airports.
Monastery of the Holy Cross
3111 S. Aberdeen Street map
Chicago, Illinois 60608-6503
Reservations 888-539-4261 x 202 or 773-927-7424 x 202
Amenities Rooms and Rates
Completely private suites and private entrance
- Fully air-conditioned
- Free wi-fi
- TV, DVD
- Ample free parking in monastery’s lot
- Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, plush robes
- Full, hot breakfast or self-catering breakfast
- Family friendly: children, 18 and younger, stay for free
- Extended stay discounts for 5 or more nights
- AARP and Active Military discounts available
- Corporate rates available
- Gift certificates available and accepted
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover
Guests and Rates
Sleeps 1 – 2 Adults $180/night*
Sleeps 3 – 4 Adults for each additional adult $40/night
Sleeps 5 – 6 Adults for each additional teenager $25/night
Children 16 and under are always free.
*Rates are subject to change without notice and are based on availability.
Click Here for our Availability Calendar