An apartment Bed & Breakfast in an 1890s Victorian row house, we are located in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago, steps from Michigan Avenue, Oak Street Beach and Lake Shore Drive. The Flemish House of Chicago is ideal for the visitor seeking a more independent experience in the center of the city.
All units are complete studio, one- or two-bedroom apartments with renovated kitchens and private baths. Victorian features vary, but include fireplaces, inlaid wood floors, wood paneled walls, high ceilings, and plaster moldings. The English Arts & Crafts decor combines old prints and paintings, antique furnishings, and Oriental carpets. We generally have a two-night minimum midweek and three-night minimum on weekends. Call us for single night availability within one week of arrival. We offer discounts for stays of one week or more. Rates vary based on the season.
68 E. Cedar Street map
Chicago, IL 60611
Neighborhood Gold Coast
Amenities Rooms and Rates
- Apartments include comfortable furnishings and antiques.
- Completely remodeled kitchen with gas range, microwave oven, refrigerator/freezer, stocked utensils, coffee maker, etc.
- Optional breakfast stocked in your refrigerator for private self-service.
- Private telephone line, free local calls.
- High-speed wireless internet (Wi-Fi) access available in all guest rooms.
- Cordless phone with individual answering machine.
- Color television with remote control, local cable channels and VCR or DVD player.
- Personal electronics including clock radio, hair dryer and iron.
- Individually controlled HVAC unit.
- Full private bath.
- Coin-operated laundry for guest use.
Room Type and Rates
1 Bedroom Apartments sleeps 1 – 3 $190 – $225*
Studio Apartments sleeps 1 – 2 $165 – $200*
Garden Studio sleeps 1 – 2 $145 – $175*
*Rates are subject to change without notice and are based on availability.
Click Here for our Availability Calendar